Open Door Home Care is devoted to making sure that senior and disabled individuals have a chance to receive the care they need while safely remaining in the comfort and security of their own homes. That’s why we’re always on the lookout for dedicated caregivers, home health aides, nurses, therapists and other senior home care professionals operating in all five New York boroughs and Nassau County, Westchester County, Suffolk County. We value every single staff member and treat our workers with respect. At the same time, in order to become a part of our team, the candidate has to comply with the requirements for a particular position.
1. Community Liaison / Marketer – Home care experience required
Open Door Home Care, senior care agency, is looking for a home care patient marketer (community liaison) to add to our marketing department (home care experience required).
Marketer job description
Duties will include increasing patient referral flow to our agency;
You will meet with social workers, daycare center coordinators, physicians and allied healthcare professionals in New York City 5 Boroughs and Nassau County, Westchester County, Suffolk County.
The area of coverage will include all 5 New York City boroughs.
This position will be salaried and our marketers will receive a $500 dollar bonus per enrollment paid monthly.
If you are interested, send us an email with your resume and salary requirements.
2. Registered nurse for a home care agency (part-time)
Open Door Home Care is also seeking part-time (3 days including weekends) registered nurses to join our team. If you’re a nurse considering providing nursing services to seniors in New York City boroughs or/and Nassau County, Westchester County, Suffolk County, please review the duties and requirements and apply for a position. Note that we provide transportation during the weekdays.
Part-time registered nurse duties at Open Door include:
- Initial and follow-up patient care assessments.
- Development and maintenance of HHA/PCA care plans to ensure patient care needs are being met.
- HHA/PCA supervision in home care setting per agency policies and procedures.
- HHA/PCA Education.
- CMS 485 and UAS experience preferred.
- Conduct disciplinary sessions with paraprofessionals and contact Human Resources
- Review and file incident reports.
- Prepare probationary and annual performance evaluations for paraprofessional staff.
- Maintain NYS nursing license and health compliance as required for all home care workers
- Participate in QA and management meetings as required
- Monitor and report all outstanding issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain and file all documentation appropriately.
- Maintain patient and employee confidentiality.
- Demonstrate reliable attendance and punctuality.
Registered nurse employment requirements:
- NYS current license.
- CPR certified.
- Malpractice Insurance.
- Infection Control.
- In-service Physical and DOH required lab work.
We’re looking forward to meeting highly qualified professionals. Call us or drop an email to receive further details and sign up for a job interview.
Our company strives to provide competitive salary to the employees. You may learn the details about our employee compensation policy here.
3. HHA/PCA licensed caregivers
Open Door Home Care is hiring professional HHA/PCA licensed caregivers in all 5 New York City boroughs and Nassau County. If you’re an attentive and compassionate New-York based caregiver, we would be glad to explain the specific employment requirements and consider your application. Please, don’t hesitate to call us or drop an email to schedule an interview. Or, visit our office to apply in person.
In general, you may be sure that the team you’re willing to join is a friendly group of home care experts whose hard work is always valued by the managing staff. Moreover, people who consider providing senior home care services to their family members and want to receive a well-earned compensation for their labor, are also eligible to apply for a caregiving position at Open Door Home Care.
Which responsibilities does the caregiving job include?
Our caregivers perform a number of basic duties, which include, but aren’t limited to:
- medication administration and medical monitoring;
- personal care assistance;
- respite care;
- caring for tubes, catheters and other medical equipment;
- transportation help;
- accompanying seniors to the hospitals;
- performing basic medical procedures (if the specialist is licensed to do that);
- wellness and eating assistance;
- house cleaning, grocery shopping and cooking.
The services Open Door Home Care workers provide to senior and disabled individuals are always tailored to their needs. If you’re considering working with us, you may visit the Services page of our website to see which types of home care we specialize in.
Which requirements one has to meet to become a caregiver?
All caregivers applying for a position at Open Door Home Care have to complete basic training, learn how to provide first medical aid, be able to perform CPR and obtain the HHA/PCA license. They also have to be patient, loving, understanding, always willing to help and obtain advanced communication skills.
Some of our caregivers and nurses provide live-in home care services to senior and disabled persons in New York and Nassau County, Westchester County, Suffolk County. If you’re applying for such a position, you have to be ready to perform a major life change as well.
You should take note that individuals willing to provide home care services to their relatives don’t have to be licensed or certified to do that or cooperate with home care. They may receive compensation for their assistance if the person they care for applies to take part in CDPAP and assigns them with the role of a personal assistant.
However, personal assistants can’t have the same legal address or be a spouse of a senior individual they would like to care for. In that instance, they can’t be eligible for the compensation.