It is hard to decide if your beloved one needs an extra assistance with the daily routine and health procedures. Moreover, you may never be sure if the caregiving company of your choice will be capable of supplying your senior or disabled relative with the care they need and deserve. In addition to beautiful website descriptions and endorsements, you still will need to gather more information before making your choice. There are hundreds of companies providing professional home care services in New York and Nassau County. Nevertheless, not many of them are really capable of meeting all your expectations.
Though we all have our individual needs and preferences, there are the must-have questions you should ask a senior home care company at the stage of consideration to ensure that you will receive quality and professional assistance.
Questions to Ask When Qualifying a Senior Home Care Company in New York
- Does the state license your home care agency? In New York and Nassau County, home care agencies are licensed and reviewed regularly.
- Is your senior care agency certified by Medicare and meets federal health and safety requirements? Open Door Home Care is fully accredited by Medicare. But if you are considering another non-certified provider, ask them why they had not got the certifications.
- Do they do an employee screening? How is it performed? Do they have references? Find out if they have the list of hospital discharge planners, doctors or other professionals who have an experience with the agency?
- Is the aide working with them licensed? What are their credentials? Are there any references from previous employers?
Top 3 Questions to Help You Determine the Quality of Senior Home Care Services
- How does the agency train their caregivers? Do they monitor the quality of work they’re doing? Does the company continue educating and training their caregivers?
- Are all hired senior home care service professionals (nurses, therapists, health aides, caregivers)licensed, accredited and insured by the state of New York?
- Do the agency representatives and employees seem to be friendly and helpful?
Of course, this is not the full list of questions you might have when hiring a professional caregiving service in New York and Nassau County. Yet, it is essential to learn more about the agency you are willing to trust your beloved ones before diving deeper into the business they are doing and what they are capable of providing.
Here at Open Door Home Care, we fully understand how important it is to choose a trustworthy and caring professional for our clients. We have a positive attitude to everything we do and are always ready to provide you with qualified and friendly home care assistance for your elderly and disabled relatives. We have been operating on the market for several years and won the hearts and souls of thousands of families, who chose us as their caregivers. And if you are looking for the reliable, qualified senior home care help in New York and Nassau County, fill out the Enrollment form and we will get back to you as soon as we can.